Hearty Chili is perfect on a cool winter night. Also try it on top of salad greens for a quick and easy taco salad.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs ground buffalo, grass fed beef, or ground turkey
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea sal
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed (15.5 oz each)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz each)
- 1 can organic tomato sauce (15 oz)
In a large skillet, melt oil and sauté onions, celery, garlic, and peppers until onion are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Add ground meat, oregano, chili powder, and cumin. Continue cooking, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes.
Pour salt and pepper, beans, tomatoes, and sauce into pot. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for a minimum of 1 hour for best flavor.
I hope you enjoy this Hearty Chili recipe as much as I do. 🙂