Do you struggle with low energy levels despite the amount of sleep you are getting, the inability to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night, or extreme exhaustion? You are not alone! It’s possible that you are suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is estimated that about 60 million Americans have sleep trouble in a given year.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a devastating disorder that can drain your energy and is a fatigue that lasts for more than six month. This overwhelming fatigue is not improved with rest and normally worsens with physical or mental activity. Besides fatigue, people with CFS experience a variety of symptoms, including these primary eight signs and symptoms:
- Impaired memory and concentration
- Sleep disturbance
- Sore throat
- Joint pain, without swelling or redness
- Unexplainable muscle soreness
- Headaches of a new type, pattern, or severity
- Tender or mildly enlarged lymph nodes in the armpits and neck
- Extreme exhaustion for more than 24 hours after physical or mental activity
If you present with four or more of these symptoms, you are suffering with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Many people also experience other symptoms, such as anxiety, IBS, depression, dizziness, allergies, and sensitivities to food, odors, chemicals, and noise.
To understand fatigue, you have to understand how your body is operating at a cellular level. Energy production is the primary force for providing the means for life. Located in the cell are the mitochondria and they produce ATP, a molecule that gives life to the cell and drives all the body’s processes. ATP is the crucial currency, and if your mitochondria are not working properly, you spend more ATP than you earn. Abundant and efficient mitochondria is a characteristic of optimal health and longevity.
As the powerhouse of the cell, mitochondria are extremely sensitive to toxins, including pesticides, bio-toxins, oxidative stress, genetic damage, and nutritional deficiencies. When these mitochondria are damaged, it results in a loss of ATP, leading to impaired tissue function and ultimately tissue death or mutations (cancer).
Energy flows where it is needed the most. When cells are under threat to toxins, they call for ATP. This is a matter of survival. But when a cell is spending its resources on damage control, non-essential processes are starved of ATP. This has grave, long-term consequences, including the following mitochondrial diseases:
- Chronic fatigue
- Diabetes mellitus
- Fatty acid oxidation dysfunction
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Hypothyroidism or Hypoparathyroidism
- Lactic academia or acidosis
- Metabolic acidosis
How do I get my life back and eliminate Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Unfortunately, the medical model approaches Chronic Fatigue Ssyndrome by prescribing their patients with psychotropic drugs. Not only can these be addictive, they affect the central nervous system and alter your behavior and perception. This does not fix the underlying cause of CFS, but masks symptoms and prohibits you from living a vibrant life.
At NuVision Health Center, we address the cause of your chronic fatigue. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a neurotoxic disorder, yet not every person with CFS is affected by the same toxin. So we work with our health participants to identify and remove the source of toxin from your life, while working to reverse the damage that has been done in the body. We provide nutritional, herbal, energetic, and molecular support inside the cell, where true rebuilding and healing can occur.
As we discussed, energy/ATP is essential for all cellular processes (e.g. detoxification, DNA repair, membrane rebuilding, antioxidant production, epigenetic maintenance). So, when your cells are damaged, contaminated with toxins, oxidized, or mutated, the need for ATP is exponentially higher. One of the essential products that our CFS Health Participants take is ENRG, which supports ATP synthesis and mitochondrial biogenesis. So not only will this formula aid your body produce more energy/ATP, it will also help you produce more mitochondria in the cell. This will increase your potential to create energy, speeding your healing and making you an energy powerhouse.
Martin Pall, a biochemist and researcher at Washington State University, has defined the 10th paradigm of medicine, which is really an inflammation and oxidative stress cycle (NO/ONOO). This cycle is triggered by seven categories of toxins (including mercury, mold, and pesticides), and the body is unable to down-regulate this cycle of inflammation and oxidative stress. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, along with disorders like fibromyalgia and multiple chemical sensitivity, are brought upon as a result of the NO/ONOO cycle, and in order to get well, we must remove the source of the toxins and down-regulate the cycle.
So if you suffer from chronic fatigue or a lack of energy, drop us an email to see if our services are right for you.
References For This Page Include:
- Baloyannis SJ1. Baloyannis SJ1. Baloyannis SJ. (2006). Mitochondrial alterations in Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 9, 119-1261. Baloyannis SJ1. Baloyannis SJ. (2006). Mitochondrial alterations in Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 9, 119-126.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – The Sleep and Sleep Disorders Team. (2012, May 09). About us: Sleep and sleep disorders.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012, May 14). Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)-General information.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Pall, M. Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome as a no/onoo-cycle disease.
- Rasbach, K.A., & Schnellmann, R. Isoflavones promote mitochondrial biogenesis. Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Rasbach, K.A., & Schnellmann, R.G. (2007). Signaling of mitochondrial biogenesis following oxidant injury. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 282: 2355-2362.