Learn how to get your perfect bathing suit body in the least amount of time possible. High intensity interval training (AKA HIIT) is the optimal way to exercise to turn your body into a fat burner because of its physiological effects on the body. You’ll spend less time in the gym and more time burning fat outside of the gym. Jacqueline Schram and I discuss why it works and how to perform the Top 5 HIIT exercises.
How to Calculate Your Maximum Heart Rate
- Subtract your age from 180.
- Modify this number by selecting among the following categories the one that best matches your fitness and health profile:
- If you have or are recovering from a major illness (heart disease, any operation or hospital stay, etc.) or are on any regular medication, subtract an additional 10.
- If you are injured, have regressed in training or competition, get more than two colds or bouts of flu per year, have allergies or asthma, or if you have been inconsistent or are just getting back into training, subtract an additional 5.
- If you have been training consistently (at least four times weekly) for up to two years without any of the problems just mentioned, keep the number (180–age) the same.
- If you have been training for more than two years without any of the problems listed above, and have made progress in competition without injury, add 5.
For example, if you are thirty years old and fit into category (b), you get the following:
180–30=150. Then 150–5=145 beats per minute (bpm).
Join our community of health enthusiasts at Dr. Nick Zyrowski Youtube Channel