To get the full podcast transcription, click here.
I brought back my good friend, Jeremy Hendon, to the podcast this week to share more insightful information with the NuVision Excel Community, including stress management, human need for community, lab testing/biomarkers of health, & more. Jeremy was originally on Episode 13 of the Excel Radio Podcast.
Jeremy Hendon is the co-founder of Paleo Living Magazine and Healthy Recipes. Jeremy also coaches people on how to love their life, and is the host of the podcast Outside the Box. Jeremy and his wife, Louise Hendon, are globetrotters of sorts, currently residing in Lisbon, Portugal, after their winter stay in Asia.
Jeremy and I share many of the same passions and interests, specifically those in the area of nutrition and human performance. Although everyone understands the “common sense” aspects of health (eat more vegetables, move more, drink water, etc.), there are some massive gaps in our health (sick) care system.
One of these “gaps” that we discuss is stress. Typically, we view stress as a purely psychological state. However, our entire biochemistry distorts when stressors are present. Stressors can include toxins, poor food choices, thoughts, traumas, and electromagnetic fields. But one stress that is less commonly discussed is our need for a community. Historically, humans lived in tribes. But with the agricultural revolution, the industrial revolution, and now the technological revolution, this changed. Although we may be constantly tweeting/snapchatting/instagramming, we are more alienated than ever. This is a massive source of stress.
Another “gap” is the biomarkers that mainstream medicine is looking to for measures of health and/or disease. Unfortunately, most doctors are still running the wrong tests and looking at the wrong data to access a person’s physical well-being. The true biomarkers of health can be obtained through functional lab tests, but these are being run by only a select group of practitioners, and are rarely financially covered by insurance companies. True biomarkers of health give a more accurate assessment of health, and can be used to prevent disease all together. This is why both Jeremy and I are so passionate about sharing this information, as it could the lives of hundreds, nay thousands of people.
In this episode…
- Stress is more than a psychological.
- Food, toxins, heavy metals, electromagnetic fields are all stressors to the body.
- The Primal Connection Book and the hectic pace of high-tech, modern life.
- How our individualized society is a massive source of stress on the body.
- Constant “doing” makes it difficult to wind down, leading to burnout.
- Importance of having a sense of community for our psychological and physical well-being.
- Stress Management Techniques, including meditation.
- Lab testing for food sensitivities and nutrient deficiencies
- CardioMetabolic Test, the most accurate test to evaluate heart health.
- Mainstream medicine and insurance companies are NOT running or paying for the right lab tests. (Get the RIGHT tests here.)
- The best solution for changing the state of health in our nation.
- Doing isn’t necessarily growing.
- Common sense is not always common practice.
- Pain should never be the factor determining if you’re healthy (and what the true biomarkers are).
- Investing money, time, and energy into our health can save us thousands of dollars and add years to our lives in the future.